Hello! I’m Adriana Vawdrey – the illustrator, teacher, and mom behind this blog. I am so happy you’ve come to visit! For more info about Paint Lemonade, keep reading. If you are looking for my illustration work specifically, you can find it all here.
What inspired this blog?
I have seen artistic experiences bring joy and emotional balance to people of all ages and skill levels. When we get off the internet and actually make something, it just feels good! I made this blog because I am obsessed with that feel-good creative process, and I think everyone of every age should have creative playtime.
You do not have to be an expert to benefit significantly from making and experiencing art.
Why is sacrificing precious time for creative play worth it?
- Relieve stress
- Improve problem-solving skills
- Build self-esteem
- Beautify our surroundings
- Increase brain connectivity and plasticity
- Give us opportunities to speak more honestly or insightfully
- Provide quality alone time or family time
- Increase empathy, tolerance, and feelings of love towards others and ourselves